The Strike Cruisers (SRKs) in the Galactic Federation of Allied Worlds Navy came from the FAR Project as a classification of Starships used as fast strike craft. These larger vessels were incredibly fast and maneuverable for their size and armament. They usually had a decent sized hangar for support craft. To get this they sacrificed the level of armor other ships of similar size had. However more expensive armor designs were used so that they would not sacrifice more armor then they could. This made them much more expensive, but they proved quite effective against pirates and later the Phoenix Dominion.
Ship Classes used as SRKs
- Lightning-class Strike Cruiser (580 AW)
- Lightning II-class Strike Cruiser (585 AW)
- Gideon-class Attack Cruiser (617 AW)
- Oracle-class Attack Frigate (621 AW)
- Starfire-class Strike Frigate (633 AW)