The Recon Destroyers (RCDs) in the Galactic Federation of Allied Worlds Navy came from the FAR Project as a classification of Starships that had massive sensor suits as well as enough weapons to hold their own without immediate support against larger craft. When used with other ships in a fleet they were used to locate and exploit weak points in enemy hulls.
All of this came at the expense of a large starfighter support as most vessels had enough room for only a squadron or a couple shuttles. Most fleets opted for the shuttles over the fighters, with the exception of the first fleet.
Ship Classes used as RCDs
- Intrepid-class Reconnaissance Destroyer (581 AW)
- Swallow-class Strike Ship (592 AW)
- Guardian-class Reconnaissance Cruiser (599 AW)
- Fearless-class Long Range Destroyer (619 AW)
- Aegis-class Reconnaissance Destroyer (623 AW)
- Prong-class Carrier Destroyer (636 AW)